Globe_48x48

2500km Bike by 31/12/2008 by Mario2

Subscribe to 2500km Bike by 31/12/2008 by Mario2 16 post(s), 4 voice(s)
Voices: Kiewiet, IronDave, frizbie, and catdailey

Oct 9, 2008 9:22am

Kiewiet Kiewiet
25 posts

I Swam the English Channel! I Swam 50 Miles! I Biked Across America! I did Le Tour de France! I Burned 50K Calories! I Burned 5,000 Calories! KING of the Road Cheetahs Argus King of Training Top Gear Road Warrier Champion Champion Finisher Conqueror Heldiggrisen I Lost 10 Lbs! I Ran 100 Miles! I Biked 100 Miles! Mad Biker

This topic was created for the 2500km Bike by 31/12/2008 challenge.

Nov 24, 2008 7:24am

Kiewiet Kiewiet
25 posts

I Swam the English Channel! I Swam 50 Miles! I Biked Across America! I did Le Tour de France! I Burned 50K Calories! I Burned 5,000 Calories! KING of the Road Cheetahs Argus King of Training Top Gear Road Warrier Champion Champion Finisher Conqueror Heldiggrisen I Lost 10 Lbs! I Ran 100 Miles! I Biked 100 Miles! Mad Biker

For a change I had more miles than IronDave. Well done IronDave. I hope I’ve not upset you. Keep on going you motivate all of us (if I may speak for the group)

Nov 24, 2008 8:02am

IronDave IronDave
386 posts

Bike Superman 2011 I Ran Across America! Vanquisher I Biked Across America! Gold Medalist I Swam the English Channel! I Biked Across America! Mini Phelps 1000 Miles Ran in Under a Year First to 1,000 in '09 Most athletic Boss I did Le Tour de France! I Burned 50K Calories! The Thames Trotter I Did 1,000 Pushups! I Burned 5,000 Calories! Top Nemo Texas Trackstar Popeye Gold Medalist ...

No problem Mario! Congratulations and well done on that ride, that was quite a trip you did there.
Winter is really showing up, I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up the miles.
But we’re not finished with the challenge yet…

Nov 24, 2008 9:45am

Kiewiet Kiewiet
25 posts

I did a race we call it the DC or Coronation Double Century. It was along a very tough course. I am so glad to hear you will be slowing down on the riding. Maybe I will have a change to catch up. Just joking. We are fortunate and heading into summer. Have a great training week

Nov 24, 2008 6:10pm

IronDave IronDave
386 posts

Bike Superman 2011 I Ran Across America! Vanquisher I Biked Across America! Gold Medalist I Swam the English Channel! I Biked Across America! Mini Phelps 1000 Miles Ran in Under a Year First to 1,000 in '09 Most athletic Boss I did Le Tour de France! I Burned 50K Calories! The Thames Trotter I Did 1,000 Pushups! I Burned 5,000 Calories! Top Nemo Texas Trackstar Popeye Gold Medalist ...

Good for you Mario! That’s definitely a good distance.

It’s really getting hard to get my bike out these days. The sun comes up at around 7:45AM and it’s dark around 4:30PM, so I don’t have much time (by the way I DO have a job between training).

Ok, now I’ll run to the pool before they close.

By the way: congratulations on the 100km bike challenge, you did more in just one day!

Nov 30, 2008 5:20pm

Kiewiet Kiewiet
25 posts

I can’t believe I’m almost past you. I’m so motivated now that I feel like going out on another 10km just to lead the pack again. I did the BurgerSanlam cycle tour this morning and it went VERY well. The mindset after doing 205 the previous day was SO GOOD. I did the distance in 3:31 and last year 4:32. I feel so GOOD. Any way lets stop bragging and get training

Nov 30, 2008 5:38pm

IronDave IronDave
386 posts

I did a short ride today, even though I wanted to go for a long one.
First I fell; it was wet and I sliped. I don’t know if I got a flat because of the crash, but I got a flat a couple of km after the crash. So I changed the tube and got on for 5km before noticing I was flat again. Since I had only one spare with me and my thumb was really sore from the crash, I gave up and called my wife to pick me up.

Nov 30, 2008 5:38pm

IronDave IronDave
386 posts

I did a short ride today, even though I wanted to go for a long one.

First I fell; it was wet and I sliped. I don’t know if I got a flat because of the crash, but I got a flat a couple of km after the crash. So I changed the tube and got on for 5km before noticing I was flat again. Since I had only one spare with me and my thumb was really sore from the crash, I gave up and called my wife to pick me up.

I’m not sure I got two flats, I probably did not put the tube correctly (the sore thumb really didn’t help). I just checked, the tube seems fine and I put it back on the wheel again to see if it holds the air.

Thumb is still sore. It hasn’t swell too much. My hip hurts too but nothing too bad, so I’m not complaining.

So you’ll probably be on the first spot pretty soon! Way to go!

Dec 1, 2008 7:36am

Kiewiet Kiewiet
25 posts

I don’t want to be there at the cost of you. (Crash/Injury etc) Sorry to hear that. Fortunately I’ve not fallen yet VERY VERY GRATEFULL. I think your thumb needs some rest. PLEASE I see that you are really kicking my but with the running. Good luck with the training.

Dec 1, 2008 5:19pm

IronDave IronDave
386 posts

I can already almost walk normaly again now, so I guess I should be able to run by tomorrow. I’ll probably only do 3 or 4km though.

I got a new tube today (well, the second one was flat too), but I don’t think I’ll be back on the bike before the end of the week.

I’ve already crashed twice last month (I’m thinking about putting back the training wheels). The first time I was going faster so I didn’t hurt myself (besides leaving some skin on the road). Yesterday, I was going slower and I hit the ground harder on my fall, but nothing major though. I should be back in top shape before next week.

I’ll try some swimming too tomorrow…

Jan 1, 2009 7:08pm

frizbie frizbie
1 post

I Biked 100 Miles!

I agree, Mario, IronDave was my inspiration to step it up. Happy new year to all of you.

Jan 10, 2009 2:17pm

catdailey catdailey
46 posts

I Biked Across America! Tip to Tip Star I did Le Tour de France! Top Contender Top Cheetah Fastest Argus Vanquisher Top Dog The Inagural Gyminee Lands End to John O'Groats Bike Ride Champion!!! I Biked 100 Miles!

It’s snowing here <sigh> back on the spinning bike ;<

Jan 30, 2009 12:48pm

Kiewiet Kiewiet
25 posts

Catdailey I would love to win my own challenge. PLEAASSEE take a month of rest for me to catchup. Great going. This time next week you would have reached the target and deserve the prize.

Jan 30, 2009 8:57pm

catdailey catdailey
46 posts

I Biked Across America! Tip to Tip Star I did Le Tour de France! Top Contender Top Cheetah Fastest Argus Vanquisher Top Dog The Inagural Gyminee Lands End to John O'Groats Bike Ride Champion!!! I Biked 100 Miles!

Haha! I’d would love to take a month off, but my riding time will be limited so you can win all the rest of the challenges! Once spring hits and we launch the OC’s and Dragon Boats, it will be all paddling all the time. Give a girl (old lady) a chance to win something, ‘kay?

Feb 12, 2009 8:29pm

catdailey catdailey
46 posts

Posting again to test to see if my award shows up…

Feb 13, 2009 10:52pm

catdailey catdailey
46 posts

Still no award for this challenge…. :<

Login to Reply