Globe_48x48

250 Mile Fat Burner Challenge by billy4really

Subscribe to 250 Mile Fat Burner Challenge by billy4really 9 post(s), 3 voice(s)
Voices: billy4really, FLYINGBRYAN, and badgersmaker

Nov 17, 2012 11:28pm

billy4really billy4really
14 posts

Gold Medalist

This topic was created for the “250 Mile Fat Burner Challenge”:http://tracker.dailyburn.com/challenges/250_mi… challenge.

Nov 29, 2012 1:31pm

FLYINGBRYAN FLYINGBRYAN
15 posts

I don’t recommend running 30 miles in 3 days…

Dec 6, 2012 11:17pm

billy4really billy4really
14 posts

Gold Medalist

Bryan you are a maniac

Jan 30, 2013 2:49pm

FLYINGBRYAN FLYINGBRYAN
15 posts

BADGERSMAKER, Who are you? Who do you know here? Are you putting your distance in kilometers (Km) or miles (mi)?

Otherwise, you are an ultra distance runner!

Jan 31, 2013 9:43am

badgersmaker badgersmaker
102 posts

Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Champion! Conqueror Race to the Finish I Ran 100 Miles! I Burned 50K Calories! I Burned 25K Calories! I Burned 5,000 Calories!

Hi FLYINGBRYAN! I am the BadgerSmaker! https://twitter.com/BadgerSmaker

I’m afraid I don’t really know anyone on DailyBurn, would be more than happy to change that though.

I’m putting everything in miles, my GPS data is here: http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/view_profile/ba…

I’ve been trying to get to Marathon distance on my weekend runs but burnt out after 21 miles last attempt, which means I have to do it all over again soon! :D Other than that I like to run in my lunchbreak at work, this month has gone really well (no serious injuries or illness) and I ran further than any previous month at 120 miles.

Thank you so much for you kind words, this will help me finish those last 5 miles next time!!!

How about you? I see you like distance runs with half marathon distances recently.

Feb 4, 2013 7:34am

FLYINGBRYAN FLYINGBRYAN
15 posts

Hi BadgerSmaker, Cambridge University did a test and told ½ their runners to cut their overall mileage in ½ and incorporate Fartleks (high speed sprints ~100yards or more @ 100% effort)- about 1 per mile (4-5 total) twice a week. They found that that the ones who cut their mileage in half & added fartlecks and ran 5Km or 20km races had a 7% decrease in time (ran faster) than the other half of the group who did full milelage without fartlecks.
I learned this at the age of 13 yrs old on my own without reading because that’s what I did. At 13 yrs I did my first run which was a ½ marathon at 1hr 20min and at 14 yrs old I did a 10km run at 36.50.

I’m not sure how fast you are but I encourage you to try this if you don’t see much improvement on your time and you want t be faster, stronger with less injury. Where do you live? Keep running!

Bryan

Feb 4, 2013 4:20pm

102 posts

Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Run the Edge Champion! Conqueror Race to the Finish I Ran 100 Miles! I Burned 50K Calories! I Burned 25K Calories! I Burned 5,000 Calories!

I live near London in the UK, I do throw in the odd interval/hill training session but I just prefer distance running.

My goal isn’t really to go faster, I find the distance runs visibly burn body fat without burning off too much of the muscle I’m trying to build with the weight training and all this helps reach my goal of 15% BF.

I think my diet is pretty good with 40% lean protein, 40% low GI carbs and 20% healthy fats and around 2500kcals a day (more if I do distance running) and the only thing that seems to cut into the fat now is the long runs.

I only started running a couple of years ago but really enjoying it now.

Feb 6, 2013 12:25pm

FLYINGBRYAN FLYINGBRYAN
15 posts

Back at the age of 30yrs old. I had my body fat measured at 4.2% at 195lbs. & height of 6’2" (the lowest my local gym has recorded). I don’t know what % body fat I have now though I’m now at 188lbs and I’m sure I’m about doubled in % of body fat. Yes, muscle weighs more than fat especially for those women who worry too much about weight rather than inches etc.

I tend to work on my fast twitch muscles too and put quality rather than too much quantity into the workout so it’s not so hard on the joints. I haven’t done hardly much of any Fartleks in over a couple of years because I haven’t been super competive.

Feb 19, 2013 8:22am

102 posts

“Just 7.83 mi to go” it says, this has been a fun challenge and very motivational. Thanks to billy4really, BowLeggedDan, FLYINGBRYAN and abbylalangan for making it fun.

Login to Reply