lizanneh

lizanneh's Fitness Profile

from Downingtown, Pennsylvania (Fitness 360)

"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants. -- Michael Pollan."

I Burned 5,000 Calories! I Lost 10 Lbs! I Lost 5 Lbs!
Get your own fitness profile and start tracking your exercise and nutrition goals when you sign up for a FREE account!

Signup_button_transparent

You must have the Adobe Flash Player to properly view this page

Show

lizanneh's Latest Activity

Show the next 10 activities

lizanneh's Journal

  • berlinoise

    Congratulations!

    That's great news on your certification - well done! Love your blog by the way - particularly the contributions on trying new foods. Keep it up! :-) Liz (another one)

    Posted over 4 years ago by berlinoise

  • lizanneh

    I passed the HKC!

    I did awesome on Saturday, and earned the HKC designation. I can now instruct people on how to safely use kettlebells for deadlifts, squats, swings, and turkish get-ups. So excited!

    Posted over 4 years ago by lizanneh

  • lizanneh

    Alternating muscle workouts

    You should rest some of the bigger muscles after workouts, especially if you are working out particularly hard. However, the core is engaged in just about every workout. And it's fine to work abs daily. I would not doing the same exact workout every day if it contains squats and lunges and deadlifts. You can certainly do the abs-only portion each day, but rotate the larger muscle moves to give yourself some variety and recovery time.

    Posted over 5 years ago by lizanneh

  • loseit4good2

    Title...

    Thanks. And yes I am doing some other stuff I have a set of ball exercises that target different areas of the core and a video that does squats and the like while hold a weight. I just was worrying, as I've heard before if you do the same muscle group every day that you can wear it so that it doesnt actually get any better, but i wasn't sure if it was accurate Thanks again!

    Posted over 5 years ago by loseit4good2

  • lizanneh

    Ab workout frequency

    I think you can work your core every day. No need to rest it. But I want to ask what you're doing for your ab workouts. I don't recommend situps or crunches, and I certainly wouldn't do them every day. Don't neglect other exercises that engage the core but aren't "ab exercises" like push-ups, squats, chin-ups (or just hanging with chin above the bar with your legs straight and pointed at the ground in front of you), rows, etc. And remember, if you're trying to build ab muscle, work the muscles. If you're trying to flatten your belly, that happens in the kitchen!

    Posted over 5 years ago by lizanneh

About Me

Follow me on my blog at: http://lookinggoodmom.blogspot.com/ I'm a Hardstyle Kettlebell Instructor (HKC), certified in May of 2010. I'm a thirty-something mom to two wonderful children, 6 and 3. I lost all the baby weight after my second child was born, but then it crept back on after he was weaned, leaving me at 135 pounds and feeling and looking fat. (135 pounds was what I weighed when I was 20 weeks pregnant with baby #1, as a frame of reference.) When I was younger, I didn't eat well, but I was thin and fit. I lifted weights 3x per week, and danced 4x per week, so I could get away with soda and cheesesteaks without it taking a toll on my appearance. As time passed...I wasn't working out as much, but my diet didn't improve, and it started to really show. One of my challenges is that I'm a working mom, so I have a hectic schedule that doesn't always allow time for a workout. I'd like to get back to being in great shape, and this time do it with a more grown-up and healthy diet. I starting out running and doing bodyweight exercises, and that helped me drop the first ten pounds over the summer of 2008. Since October 2008, I've been doing more intense workouts that are part of the "Turbulence Training" workout program, combined with high intensity interval training (usually running, but I'm starting to dabble in kettlebell swings as well). I've lost another 8 pounds and a huge amount of inches (at least 10")since starting these workouts. I've also had a makeover in my eating habits. I am trying to avoid refined sugars, and eat more lean protein, fruits, and vegetables. I scrutinize ingredient lists to make sure I'm actually consuming food instead of chemically engineered "stuff." I try to eat "clean" at least 90% of the time, and then don't stress about the other 10%.

Stats

Sex: Female

Age: 39

Weight: 114.5 lbs

Height: 5ft 1in (155 cm)

Goals

Down_32x32

Waist Size

(I want to decrease by 1.5 in)
Down_32x32

Body Weight

(I want to decrease by 3.5 lbs)
Up

Running

(My goal is 5km in 00:28:00min)
Up

Push-ups (Tested 61-70)

(My goal is 75lbsx50)