Large_thumb

• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
based on 13 ratings.
Hide New Feature! Check out Training Plans for an even better training experience.
The P90X Lean, Phase 1, Weeks 1-3 program is one of many DailyBurn Tracker workout programs. Sign up for a FREE DailyBurn Tracker account and start tracking your progress towards this workout, or find another one that you like.

Summary

7 Workouts / 9 Exercises

100% Cardio / 0% Strength Training

Workout Program Description

P90X Lean is for those who want more cardio and a slightly less intensive program. Make no mistake, this is the real deal and no picnic!

The P90X workouts are approximately 1hr (1 DVD) each day, 6 days a week, with the 7th day being a day of rest or optionally X Stretch.

P90X LEAN PHASE 1:

Your aim should be to finish each workout and perfect each movement, as opposed to focusing on weight or resistance.

Workouts

Description

Each and every exercise in the Core Synergistics workout recruits multiple muscle groups to build and support the core (lumbar spine and trunk muscles), while at the same time conditioning your body from head to toe. Loaded with a variety of fun, unique, and challenging exercises, this routine will get you moving in all directions to maximize your P90X results.

Suggested Schedule

This workout should be done weekly on:
SunMonTueWedThurFriSat
Dark_check

View Workout Details

Missing Core Synergistics

Join-workout-button-blue-matte

What People are Saying

TheRealKimj

New girl

First day of p90x no turning back lets get it in!!!

Created over 3 years ago by TheRealKimj

justcate

Newb

Starting this today. Looking forward to seeing the real me.

Created over 3 years ago by justcate

rushhour04

Returning Graduate

Just checking in to say hello and that im starting this routine again should be fun ;)

Created over 3 years ago by rushhour04

misssandy

just starting

Hey Everyone! Like everyone else on here i´m super excited to start this program. Can´t wait to get off my butt and start moving again. I also don´t have a pull up bar, I have a resistance band but I can´t seem to find a place overhead to attach it, there´s nothing that secure in my house. Any suggestions for alternatives?

Created over 3 years ago by misssandy

morgan0831

Day 3

Ok so I am about to embark on the Yoga video I am kind of worried I am not very flexiable

Created over 3 years ago by morgan0831

erina35

Day 3

I did Kempo instead of the arms for day 3, it was interesting! I was upset at first because all I thought it was was punching at the beginning but it picked up. Im glad you can do some higher intensity stuff at the so called breaks...my heart rate was not going up that much during the work outs. ..overall interesting way of working out, different for me (used to ballistic Jillian Micheals). It will be good to switch it up but I miss sweating like crazy!

Created over 3 years ago by erina35

erina35

Day 2

Hi Everyone, Just finished the Cardio! It was easy until the plyrometrics!! They were intense in a good way! I like that it was not all aerobics like a gym class and he mixes it up a lot, not bored at all (except he yoga at the beginning!)...Day 3 tomorrow. Will weigh myself next Monday and see if I lost anything@

Created over 3 years ago by erina35

erina35

Day 1 done!

Seems like there are not very many left on this forum but I will share anyways. Finished day 1, not so bad!! Found the boat to banana very challenging!! Cant wait to do Cardio tomorrow but nervous because I have soccer and cardio on the same day! Oh well! Ill let you know how it goes!

Created over 3 years ago by erina35

erina35

Starting tomorrow...

Hi Everyone, I am starting tomorrow! Wish me luck! I am nervous for the weigh training...I dont have a bar to do pull ups, any suggestions for replacements? Thanks!

Created over 3 years ago by erina35

MonicaRae

Day 1 :)

First day of P90X lean, core synergistics.. Wow, I'm not as in shape as i was 6 months ago!!! If I can keep this up, I'll get to my goal weight in no time!

Created over 4 years ago by MonicaRae

nashanichole

Whew!! Day 2

So I start the cardio disc in an hour!! so nervous, but I completed the first disc and I can do this!!! I have to stay motivated!!

Created over 4 years ago by nashanichole

chelle_256

Starting tonight

I may be nervous about starting tonight but I am so ready to get rid of this extra weight. I have really tried over the past few years but there has been so much going on in life and now a huge move. Time to focus more on me and get my body back into shape...wish me luck!

Created over 4 years ago by chelle_256

melidoll1

Starting tomorrow!!!

I told my Hubby not to accept any excuses from me. Starting P90X tomorrow and I want to see it all the way through the 90 days. Wish me luck! I need some motivators.....

Created over 4 years ago by melidoll1

MikeMcMullen

starting today

I'm really nervous about starting. I had knee surgery 3 months ago and can only do so much. I'm 50 pounds too heavy and need to get moving so I can play with my kids.

Created over 4 years ago by MikeMcMullen

cfgwo

Day1

Never been this tired, passed out right after workout. But I'm glad I've started, finally.

Created over 4 years ago by cfgwo

cerealgraham

finishing week 3

Im down 12 pounds, 2 inches on my waist so far. My arms have increased by 1/2 inch each in 3 weeks! I cant wait to see 90 day results

Created over 4 years ago by cerealgraham

OUSky

New to P90!

Starting p90x lean on Saturday and am soooo nervous! Any advice?

Created over 4 years ago by OUSky

Dap4154eva

First Day on Lean

wow....can I say tough? haven't had a workout like that in a longggggg time...can't say i completed it....but i might've been able to do about 80% of it....but hey at least i'm trying....and hopefully i'll get better!

Created over 4 years ago by Dap4154eva

luvinracerboys

here we go!

i'm starting tomorrow! sort of wanted to start on a monday, but I'm just too excited to wait! I have a lot to improve on, and everyone i've talked to has had a lot of success with the p90x programs! i'm in a wedding at the end of october, and hope to make A LOT of alterations to my dress!

Created over 4 years ago by luvinracerboys

dork027

p90x Lean: First Try, day 3 tomorrow

Feeling good so far. I'm in decent shape as of right now and i had to slow it down a lot about 3/4 of the way into Core Synergistics. Cardio today was fun. Feeling moderately sore, but it's all good. @Captain Bad: I was just wondering the same thing about climbing... i'm going this weekend. it'll be interesting to see how my body handles the additional stress. I'm doing this without the supplements, food bars, or recovery drink. a friend of mine got it all. will be checking with him how it works out. keep at it!

Created over 4 years ago by dork027

naamah

almost done with phase 1!!

Today is day 18...Bring it!!

Created over 4 years ago by naamah

TSC8

new to this

this is my 9th day on doing the lean program and i was just wondering when should i see results in weight and inches. i see results in my movablilty and breathing and im literally sore everywhere everything hurts... its just watching the advertisement for the program i heard ppl say the drop sizes in a week and losing inches ... and i was wondering if maybe i was nt seeing that b/c i wasnt doing something right ... HELP PLEASE....

Created over 4 years ago by TSC8

bridetobe8210

New P90X User!

I start tomorrow and I'm really excited! I'm getting married in August and I'm hoping this program helps me look amazing!

Created over 4 years ago by bridetobe8210

jazzypha

Day TWO

Im excited about starting the program back up again. This will be my second time and I'm hoping I can get all the way through it this time with no interruption. Trying to do this in college is a bit difficult, but I'm gunna do it..good luck everyone.

Created over 4 years ago by jazzypha

writer72

Beginning Week 3 of P90X Lean

Today is my first day of week 3, and i'm truly excited about the program. Since beginning, i'm seeing changes in my body form, and look forward to more changes... However i'm not a big fan of the Yoga DVD, but the rest is awesome. Hope everyone is going at it hard...

Created over 4 years ago by writer72

CaptainBad

Concerning Yoga Comments

I haven't done the Yoga X yet so I can't comment on that particular program, but based on the other yoga sessions I have done, it's my understanding that yoga is more about control and balance than it is working up an intense sweat. Yoga focuses on breathing discipline, core control, and flexibility, all of which are beneficial even if there are no outward signs that you're working hard (i.e. sweat). And, yes, based on the few other yoga sessions I have done, they do seem to drag on! You just do the same sequence over and over and just when you think you've done the last rotation, they throw in like 2 or 3 more!

Created over 5 years ago by CaptainBad

CaptainBad

Other Activities

So I'm on my first week of Lean (Cardio kicked my butt!) and I'm wondering, given the amount and intensity of the workouts, if I should refrain from doing any other strenuous activities (e.g. rock climbing) while on p90X?

Created over 5 years ago by CaptainBad

Schwizzle

Confused?

I'm going to start day 1 of this program today, but I noticed it says it's 100% cardio and no strength training. What about the shoulders & arms and the legs & back workouts? There's no specific exercises listed in the workouts for those days.

Created over 5 years ago by Schwizzle

angelmand25

Week 1 Complete!

WOW! After years of exercising, I found a program that totally kicks my butt... and I love it! On day 7 right now and my butt and legs are incredibly sore. I can't wait to continue tracking my progress!!

Created over 5 years ago by angelmand25

noclue468

P9X Lean 1st DAY

I decided on doing the Lean version workout. It's one day less of strengthening exercises and Ab ripper X. I'm thinking of doing Lean version for phase 1 to shed fat and to ease into the program while at the same time building some strength. For the first day Core synergistic kicked my ass. It suppose to take 45min. to finish the workout and it took me 1hr and 10min. I'm timing myself to see how much i will improve in workouts. I actually bought the recovery drink from beach body since it included vitamines with in the mixture. And did this thing make a difference. Usually when I go for a 45min jog going uphill constanly afterwards even with eating or having a protein shake i feel super tired. Core synergestics got me more tired than my usual jog but ones i took that drink 5 min later i was good to go, feeling with energy again. Till next time. Anyone has any more tips let me know.

Created over 5 years ago by noclue468

hustler12

P90x Lean Week 3

I'm on the last week of Phase 1. It's very hard however, I'm seeing changes in my body. Also, I ran and it has increased my running dramatically. I am still trying to lose some weight though.

Created over 5 years ago by hustler12

blanca100

Beginner

OMG!! Im starting thisP90x and Im so excited!! Im nervous but Please ppl give me secrets and your experiences..I need help!!! Thanks

Created over 5 years ago by blanca100

allycat

Getting started

I know you are supposed to take the fit test first, but is that really neccessary before starting the Lean program?

Created over 5 years ago by allycat

Marine Poolee

First Day

I am enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. This is a wonderful workout. The core synergistics was hard and i still feel the pain today. No pain no gain. Pain is weakness leaving the body. Semper Fidelis

Created over 5 years ago by Marine Poolee

ATWainright

First Day

Today is my first day doing P90X Lean. Core Synergistics whooped my butt. As far a your questions: 1. The Lean Program is more cardio where as the Classic Program is more Strengthening. As far as easier? I would think so. 2. Im only one day in, I will let keep you posted. 3. I do my own nutrition plan. I did look at the nutrition plan and it looks pretty good.

Created over 5 years ago by ATWainright

BrideInTraining

a few questions...

Guys, I have 3 questions: 1) Is P90X lean "easier" than Classic and Doubles? I am doing it because I prefer to shed a little weight rather than build up lots of muscle, but I have read a bit online and some people say it's the more "cakewalk" approach to the program. What are your thoughts? 2) My friend is letting me borrow his P90X+ videos/info... has anyone tried this program? I am considering jumping into this one, hoping to get better results. 3) Do you guys stick with the nuitrician plan? I've done diets similiar; while they are very effective they are tough to stick to (especially hanging out with a fiancee who can eat ice cream all day and not gain an ounce) I try to limit the junk and eat lots of lean protein and veggies, but I don't want to start the diet just to fail 3 days later. What do you do?

Created over 5 years ago by BrideInTraining

BrideInTraining

bambOlina- what do you do instead? I have not done all the exercises yet-- which ones do you all think are the toughest? I really need to step it up, I've been stuck for about 6 months now. :(

Created over 5 years ago by BrideInTraining

bambOlina

I hate the Yoga and Stretch X, like you, I feel like sweating is very important in order to feel like you are doing any effort! I personally skip those two workouts altogether; however, many hold that yoga is beneficial to looking slender and good posture!!! =p

Created over 5 years ago by bambOlina

BrideInTraining

Lean exercises

I have been trying to get in at least one other cardio exercise per day. After some of the programs I am not very sweaty - I like to feel like I am really working myself! Also, how do people feel about Yoga X? The first 30-40 min DRAGGED on tonight... I don't think I ever want to do downward dog or runner's pose ever again!

Created over 5 years ago by BrideInTraining

Str0ngbad

I was wondering the same thing

BrideInTraining, i was wondering the same thing [To complete the lean program, are you supposed to do these exercises in addition to the Classic exercises?], my guess (hope?) is 'no' since the workouts are mostly the same except for the first 2 days... Does anyone know the answer?

Created over 5 years ago by Str0ngbad

BrideInTraining

P90X Question

Created over 5 years ago by BrideInTraining

Meesha

P90X Lean.... Effective!

P90X Lean is awesome. Although I'm not yet a fan of the Yoga X (only one week in so far), I'm sure I'll like it and be able to accomplish most of the moves soon enough. Otherwise, I think Cardio X, Plyo and Kenpo are by far y faves. Oh, and the Ab Ripper is pretty cool too! Like I said, it's my first week, I'm a little sore, I have today and Saturday to go then I do my first "day off". I'm excited about the second week!

Created over 5 years ago by Meesha

dimurof82

P90X

P90x is the real deal.. It's a lot of fun and will give you great results. I had some very good results with also.. Next month I'm starting it again. Cant wait! Good Luck!

Created over 5 years ago by dimurof82

wdanda

Let's Get Lean!!!

Hello Everyone, I created this program so we can keep track while doing P90X Lean!!!

Created over 5 years ago by wdanda